RSG Online Course Details
Galaxy Training Australia offers online RSG certificate training with state specific training resources and assessment.
Sign up, log in, select your state and start the course.
Our course is simple to complete and provides you with the necessary certification required for the legal service of gambling services in the state.
Unit of Competency
Provide Responsible Gambling Services
Fully Accredited Statement of Attainment valid in Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia
PayPal, Credit/Debit Card, Direct Deposit
Upon completion of this online program, trainees should be able to -
- Provide effective and responsible service of gambling in the industry.
- Provide information and assistance to customers about problem gambling
As part of the assessment for the RSG course, those undertaking the course will have to answer fill in the blanks, short answer questions, single/multiple choice questions, and varying scenarios that may arise working in the gambling industry.
Sequence of steps towards getting your online RSG certificate
To begin your RSG course with Galaxy Training Australia, all you have to do is sign up, log in, and start. Once you have started the course, you can leave it and resume when you please, as the completed work will be saved onto our server. Once you have logged in, you can continue right where you left off. After successful completion of the course, you pay before receiving an instantly downloadable certificate of completion from our My Courses page. If you prefer you can request that we send you a hard copy of the certificate for an extra fee of $15 AUD.
Top learnings from RSG Online Course
- Always follow responsible gambling service procedures, legislation and industry and organisational policies and procedures [Just do it, you'll never repent]
- 1% of the Australian population have a severe gambling problem [OMG]
- In the gaming area, make the players aware of the passage of time, and not allow minors and intoxicated patrons [Display clocks and natural light, encourage breaks in play]
- ATM and EFTPOS facilities must not be located in close proximity to gambling areas [Some people cannot stop themselves while gambling, they get really depressed from a loss and continue to bet in a hope to get their money back]
- Encourage customers to take breaks in play [It's simple… offer service of tea and coffee]
- Responsible gambling signage must be prominently displayed in all gambling area [It can be a poster, takeaway card, drink coaster and LCD screen]
- Patron may be "excluded" from playing particular gambling products at the venue or from entering all or part of your venue [It can be either self or venue-initiated]
- Ensure the information provided is accurate and complete [Just don't guess or provide partial information]
- Harm minimization strategies must be followed [It will not only minimise the negative impact of gambling on patrons but also on their families and the community]
Elements and Performance Criteria of RSG Online Course
Elements describe the essential outcomes of a unit of competency.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the required skills and knowledge section and the range statement. Assessment of performance is to be consistent with the evidence guide.
1. Provide responsible service of gambling.
- 1.1 Follow responsible gambling service procedures according to relevant state and territory legislation and industry and organisational policy or codes of conduct.
- 1.2 Communicate with appropriate personnel on gambling related incidents or situations and compliance with legislation and industry and organisational policy.
- 1.3 Maintain accurate records of gambling related incidents and associated staff action, according to industry and organisational policy and procedures.
- 1.4 Ensure gambling environmental features support responsible gambling policies.
2. Provide information and assistance to customers about problem gambling.
- 2.1 Provide accurate and appropriate information on problem gambling to customers on request.
- 2.2 Follow procedures for self exclusion and exclusion requests according to legislation, industry and organisational policy and confidentiality and privacy requirements.
- 2.3 Display signage and information related to responsible gambling in appropriate places visible to players, according legislative, industry and organisational requirements.
- 2.4 Provide information on available support services according to confidentiality and privacy requirements, and legislative, industry and organisational requirements.