Who needs a Unique Student Identifier (USI)?

USI is required by students those are undertaking any nationally recognised training (qualifications, accredited courses, skill sets and units of competency). If any of the units undertaken by students as part of their study are listed on training.gov.au then they are regarded as nationally accredited training and therefore the student will require a USI, this includes international students. Offshore students are individually defined under the USI and may have different requirements.

← Back to FAQs