Who needs an RSA in NSW?

The unit applies to all levels of sales personnel involved in the sale, service and promotional service of alcohol in licensed premises. This group may include:  

  • Apprentices/Trainees in the hospitality industry
  • People wishing to enter the hospitality industry
  • Existing workers within the hospitality industry

For example:

  • Bar staff, floor staff, food and beverage attendants
  • Supervisory staff and managers
  • Packaged liquor sales persons selling in person, over the phone or online
  • Winery, brewery and distillery cellar door staff
  • Supplier sales representatives
  • RSA marshals
  • Crowd controllers
  • Security staff who monitor customer behaviour
  • Licensee who is ultimately responsible for responsible service of alcohol (RSA) management

RSA training may also need to be completed by other staff who have alcohol service responsibilities, such as:

  • volunteers
  • promotional staff
  • contract employees
  • directors of registered clubs

Related FAQs:
Who needs an RSA in NSW?What are the NSW RSA course outcomes?What are the pre-requisites for NSW RSA course?What is an NSW RSA Interim Certificate?What is an NSW RSA Competency Card?When will my NSW RSA interim certificate and competency card expire?How long would it take to complete the NSW RSA course?What is NSW RSA Bridging course?How can I renew my RSA competency card?What is NSW RSA Refresher course?What resources are required to complete the NSW RSA course online?What is included in the assessment of NSW RSA course?Where is Service NSW Centre located?How can I update details on an RSA competency card?How can get a replacement RSA competency card?What qualification will I receive after completing NSW RSA course?What is RSAT?

← Back to FAQs